The quintessential Christmas drink! Eggnog or “Snowball” was the only drink me and my sister were aloud at Christmas. Every year we used to beg and plead for dad to make us a Snowball. We’d sit with our big girl glass filled with what looks like exploding custard and pretend to be adults. Then every year after about 5 sips we’d say Daddy, I don’t want anymore, can you drink it?
I can tell you that 20 years later nothing’s changed! I still get excited about drinking a Snowball and I still every time think ‘I can’t finish this, it’s not as nice as I remember’.
I was a little sceptical when I tried to make these, I’m not a huge fan of putting alcohol in chocolate, chocolate is perfect all on it’s own. However, because it’s Christmas and because they look so divine I thought I’d give them a go!
I can’t take credit, I found this recipe in my favourite mag however I can confirm they are much nicer than Eggnog!
- 75ml double cream
- 300g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 20g butter
- 2 tbsp brandy or spiced rum
- 1/2 tsp vanillia extract
- A generous grating of nutmeg
- Put the double cream, 200g chocolate and butter into a large heatproof bowl, set over a pan of barely simmering water. Heat gently until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy, vanilla extract and the nutmeg.
- Leave to cool and refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Great the remaining chocolate.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out the mixture into small balls and roll through the grated chocolate, place in small paper or foils.
Written with love