I’m often overtaken by a sudden impulse to bake something, this quickly morphs into disappointment when I realise I don’t have all the ingredients needed and i’ll have to hall myself to Morrisons. So frustrating! To avoid this I’ve learnt to always keep stocked up on a small list of essentials..
- SR Flour
- Plain Flour
- Caster Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
This would be a useless list without a handy stash of simple recipes. Thanks to Grandma I’ve now got another one to add to my lazy no supermarket baking arsenal. Here it is…
Grandmas Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 150g Butter (softened)
- 125g Castor Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 75g Plain Flour
- 100g Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven 200°c, Gas Mark 7.
- Cream butter & sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in egg along with vanilla extract
- Sieve together both flowers and fold into the mixture until it forms a dough
- Stir in chocolate drops until well mixed.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into circles and flatten until 1cm thick.
- Line a tray with baking paper and place the cookies on. (Leave an inch gap between each cookie if possible)
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking tray and place on a wire rack to cool.
Bobs your uncle, you’ve got cookies.
As tempting as it is to eat them to yourself all warm and gooey, I suggest you share them with your other half or maybe take some to your neighbor.
If you try this then please let me know, I’d love to know how they turn out.
Written with love
Edit: If you don’t have chocolate chips then you can cut up normal chocolate finely. If you don’t have any chocolate then go to the shop. Chocolate is a necessity in life and must be kept in bulk.